Car engine help!!!

Hey guys!

Now I just wanna go dive off a cliff.
I drove my car to work and back, but stopped on the way home to skate with my little brother. Went skating for 30 - 40 minutes or so, before we went back in the car to head home. What happened when I started it was that the car dropped engine rev and had allmost no will to move. Somehow I got it moving but pulled over as the car was shaking and white smoke was coming out of the exhaust. So I check the engine oil... it was full! Checked the cooling system - was fine. So I just had to get the car home. Drove for about 3 km before I was home. When I then popped the hood, something in the enginebay was glowing. Smoke was also coming out of the wheel wells...

Any idea what it can be? Can it be fixed, or has the engine said good night?
Thanks for the help! I really apprechiate it!
signaturesw.jpg
May be the erosion of the skin Albulv
Or that the pistons do not work and you need a good decode engine portions
good luck :)
0c37434f64fb05.jpg
Sounds like you might have blown a head-gasket. It can be fixed. Part should be cheap but the labor might cost you.

Edit: One of these
123.jpg
Artist formerly known as "Dev"
Oh darn! The best part is that I live in Norway... the country where everything sleeps during the weekend!
signaturesw.jpg
Oh, I forgot
There is a possibility that may have entered the water to the combustion chamber (cylinder) :/
0c37434f64fb05.jpg
t_b 2008 ls wrote:
Oh, I forgot
There is a possibility that may have entered the water to the combustion chamber (cylinder) :/

Yeah, though of that - hence the white smoke, right?
But whats going to happen? Is the engine dead? Should I give up all hope?
signaturesw.jpg
No, white smoke is oil or coolant. Considering you said the cooling system was fine it's likely the headgasket as I said.

Edit: Something you can do in the meantime is check the coolant. See if you can find any dirt or goo in there.

But I can tell you right now there's a very good chance it's a gasket. What happens is if the gasket leaks, oil and or coolant that normally circulates throughout the engine leaks into the cylinder. The oil and/or coolant entering the combustion cycle is what generates white smoke.
Post edited April 30, 2011 at 06:37:06 AM by Bart
Artist formerly known as "Dev"
Construct wrote:
Sounds like you might have blown a head-gasket. It can be fixed. Part should be cheap but the labor might cost you.

Edit: One of these
123.jpg

X2.

:) Hope you get it fixed soon.
y0pQ9Zb.jpg
It's the headgasket. White smoke gave it away.
Oh damn!

Anyways. Falck came got my car - so now its on its way to the Audi-retailer where I bought it from... so sad that even the guy who came to pick it up felt sorry for me...
signaturesw.jpg

Please login to post