Track days all around the world

What do you think about a little guide for track days? This can be helpfull for all people during holidays in others country :)

GERMANY
NURBURGRING Nurburg

nurburgring_map.jpg

For a complete list of days available for the touristenfahrten take a look at www.nuerburgring.de
For accomodation and general rules on the track look here: nurburgring.org.uk

Prices:
1 lap €24
4 laps €89 inc €10 food
15 laps €310 inc €20 food
25 laps €470 inc €30 food
1 Year €1,350 inc €100 food (this is for exclusive use only, so if you buy this one, you can't give the card to a friend)

If you're lucky you can find an Open Pit Lane (OPL) day and you can run all laps you want during the OPL.
Saturday and sunday the track is open all day but is really full, during the week is accessible usually from 17:45 untill 19:30, the rest of the day is reserved for prototypes test (if you're lucky you can see some brand new car upcoming in 2012 :D ).

There's also the possibility to enter on the brand new GP Track: I was unlucky because there was the FIA GT round and the track was closed.

NOTE: with normal touristenfahrten laps start from the paddock and at the end of lap you MUST enter again in the paddock, the final straight is not accessible in his entire lenght (on OPL days you can go at max speed :D ).

NOTE 2: be carfull, the Ring was considerated as a everyday street so they was applicated the regular laws (except the speed limit)... be carefull expecelly with motorbikes: there is not a division when you enter on the track, so you can find Ferrari, Ford Transit, Ducati, every kind of vehicle. Pay attention on the dB limit... a friend of mine last year with a Ducati was checked and they say "With this exhaust you can't enter on Ring".

Where to stay?
On nurburgring.org.uk you can find all best place to stay during your Nordschleife trip... Personally I was at Hotel An Der Nordschleife located in Adenau (nord of Ring... if you take a look on the track map the Hotel is in at the Ex-Mühle corner) here is the link www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de

Where to eat?
There was a lot of place to eat: tipical Gasthaus expecially at Nurburg (and yep the city is smaller than you expect), the Restaurant Giulia in Adenau or even in Adenau there's Rewe.
Obviously there is also the brand and criticated new GP Track structure where you can do some shopping at the fan shop and eating (theres also the Ring museum, the entrance is granted with the touristenfahrten card: 1 card 1 entrance ticket for the museum).

About fan shop take a visit at the fan shop on the Döttinger Höhe cornerd (last before the big straight) here you can find an amazing collection of diecast models!

Night life
I really don't know what is night life out of the Italy, but at Ring, at 11 PM pub ore restaurant are already closed (so if you want a beer, buy that on the mornig at Rewe :D ).

For all others questions just ask and if I can I'll tell you what you need :)

ITALY
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza Monza (MB)

circuito-monza.jpg

It's not necessary to book before, it's enough to enter the circuit on the dates on the calendar and buy a turn of 30 minutes which allows entry to the track with the own car with the possibility to bring on board other passengers up to the maximum number provided by the registration certificate. The cost is € 45,00 for half hour. The access to the track is obtained by applying personally to the Track Office, producing the driving licence, paying the required fee and signing the Track Hire Bill.
In order to accelerate the procedure of entrance in the track it is necessary to go to the track office (at the moment at the first floor of the new building - staircase 6) with the form () already filled in and with the driving license.
NOTE: the form is not valid as booking form and allows the owner to access the track until room is available.

DATES (this will be updated when new dates are available):
06 February only afternoon
13 February only afternoon
20 February only afternoon
27 February only afternoon
06 March only afternoon
New track from Italy.

AUTODROMO DI FRANCIACORTA (BRESCIA)

1-4-1-im-Immagine_Big-3726-tn.jpg

First of all helmet is needed. Car must be with plates number and homologated.
The access to the track is obtained by applying personally to the Track Office, producing the driving licence, paying the required fee and signing the Track Hire Bill.
Price: 40,00 euro for 20 minutes

Near date:
26 february
Great thread man!
Some day I'll go to The Ring... allways been a dream!
signaturesw.jpg
Yep for a week trip is the best you can do if you love cars :D
I've seen every kind of car at Ring... included a lot of prototypes (the new BMW M5 just for example) :D Porsche GT3 as you can see a Fiat in Italy...
Haha, Im taking my boring '05 Audi A4 wagon!
signaturesw.jpg

Please login to post