chopping sections not accurate?

Hi guys!
Im starting this thread as im a bit peeved off at the quality control on the site in the last couple of months.It seems some choppers push so hard to be in a better chopping section that they constantly ask for promotion and some somehow do get promoted very quickly,but the problem occurs when you a chopper in a section and the gap between him and top chopper in that section is sooooooooo big.Im an inter chopper and i really dont mind being in that section,but it really ticks me off when there are choppers in the same section as me whose chops look like new choppers.The same when there are pro choppers work that look at inter at best.
I think the whole voting for someone for promotion is also flawed as anyone can get their "friend" choppers to vote for them.
Im sure im not the only chopper that feel this way,its only my opinion and not an attack on anyone,but just to help improve this site.
Thanks
mazdab.png
Completely agree with you, I'm also bothered that some chopers are promoted on the basis of a single chop, I'm glad that someone started this discussion, I hope it will be more people who think the same!!! :D :-d

logo_copy.png

CLICK TO VISIT MY PROFILE
>>>FORUM SIGNATURE TUTORIAL>>>MY LATEST CHOP>>>
I agree with you, I'm waiting for a promotion from "New Choppers Area" since 1 year but is a passion, so no problem for me. :)
I'm sure with the new updates coming soon, some of these problems will be addressed.

Sometimes I wonder though, what's the big deal with these promotions? I mean, probably the only one that actually matters is the jump from Inter to Pro Tuner because that's where you get the chance to do projects - otherwise the levels are quite insignificant. The majority of us chop for our own enjoyment anyway, not so we can post in a different section. That's just my opinion on the topic though ;)
Post edited January 27, 2011 at 10:23:41 PM by Klaus
puszka321 wrote:
please video xD
MK211 wrote:
I really like the nos coming out of the rims
Totally agree with you Klaus, promotions doesn't matter but I think that for each of us this can be a sort of gratification for all works done. Obviously if I do tons of poor chop I can't pretend a promotion, but if my chop are good enough a promotion is wellcome :D
It donĀ“t matter which level I am, new, inter or pro-tuner artist really does not matter, but I`m saying that really bothers me that some artists are promoted only on the basis of a single chop. So it bothers me it is not fair :)
Post edited January 27, 2011 at 10:43:35 PM by Gile

logo_copy.png

CLICK TO VISIT MY PROFILE
>>>FORUM SIGNATURE TUTORIAL>>>MY LATEST CHOP>>>
I know i chop for fun as im an older guy and dont have that much time,but I guess reaching pro or above is an achievement for me at least,but if the most of the chops in inter are the same level as me then i dont mind being inter.Maybe there should be new sub sections,cut&paste and brushing?
mazdab.png
Thanks for the input guys!

At the minute, the staff are working hard with the updates that are on the way. We've know for a while that the promotion system is flawed, and it's something we plan to address in the near future. At the minute for example, we have no fixed method of promoting people; it tends to be on the basis of; "oh that looks nice, promotion"

Some of the methods we plan to use to tackle this head on are:

The thread that alerts us when somebody hits the "I vote promotion" button is quite obscure, and more often than not will go un-noticed. We will be checking this more often and paying attention to what's going on in the forum.

Along with the updates, or soon after; there will more than likely be some changes in staff, meaning more people to focus on promotions and make sure things run smoothly.

You have to remember that with the amount of active users we have on here compared to the amount of staff, plus the fact that some staff members have been on holiday and that the remaining ones have been focussing more on the back end of Autemo, that it sometimes becomes difficult for us to keep on top of things 100% of the time. This doesn't mean we're not working to fix it though.

So just rest assured that it won't go ignored, and we will definitely do something about it.
Hello.
thanks jack for that quick response,good to see.I have no doubt it must be difficult so best of luck with the changes planned!
mazdab.png
Yea I am a new choper and do not mind it one bit because I know I have the worst chops on the forum and I'm not gonna beg to be promoted like a lot of people on here, its just immaturity.
Excuse my English I'm dyslexic ;)

Please login to post