Are YOU looking for a tablet?

Hi there!
As we all know, brushing has become more and more relevant to the world of chopping. Everyone brush their chops. But with technology that comes with 2010, we are now able to do this easier. Alot easier.

Im talking about Tablets. There are a great range of tablets out there that are being sold. Ive had two tablets as we speak. The first one was a Trust Slimline TB5300, bought in Kiel, Germany. But as i bought my Macbook Pro, the Trust wouldt be supported by the Mac OSX. So this is also something to consider when purchasing a tablet, eventhough i belive most tablets have support for both Windows and Mac OSX.

Trust Slimline Design TB5300
Low profile tablet with 140 x 100 mm (5.5 x 4 inch) working space for handwriting, notes, freehand drawing, picture and video editing
Ergonomic wireless 3 button pen with 512 step pressure sensitivity
28 extra direct accessible programmable soft buttons
Fully supports Windows Vista advanced tablet functions, such as converting handwriting into digital text and office document notes
With transparent sheet for tracing pictures and integrated cavity to store the pen
It supports Windows 7, Vista or XP, but NOT Mac OSX.

15356.jpg

The one i have now is a Wacom Bamboo Fun. Here is alittle about tablets/wacom tablets:
Wacom is a loose transliteration of Japanese: Wa for "harmony" or "circle", and Komu for "computer". It is one of the largest graphics tablet producers, and is very popular with artists, graphic designers, architects, and cartoonists, who commonly cite it as an industry standard. Wacom tablets are notable for their use of a patented cordless, battery-free, and pressure-sensitive stylus or digital pen. As the sampling of the x and y coordinates appear simultaneous and at a high, predictable frequency, Wacom tablets are successfully used for recording of the pen in handwriting movement analysis. In addition to manufacturing and selling tablets as separate products, Wacom also supplies the graphical input technology used in most Tablet PCs, which it calls "Penabled Technology".

Bamboo
The Bamboo line is aimed at home users. It has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity and a resolution of 1024 lines per inch. Most of the models have a 5.8 x 3.6 in active surface area. The larger Bamboo Fun model has a usable surface area of 8.5 x 5.4 in.
There are five models — Bamboo Pen & Touch, Bamboo Pen, Bamboo Touch, Bamboo Fun, and Bamboo Craft — all of which (except Bamboo Pen) now have multitouch functionality, with support for one- and two-finger gestures for such operations as scrolling and zooming. The "Pen" model is stylus-only (no touch input), and the "Touch" model is touch-only (no stylus input). Most Bamboo models now support 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity (previously 512), with the exception of Bamboo Pen (512 levels) and Bamboo Touch (which does not support stylus input).
The "Fun" and "Craft" models include an eraser-equipped stylus, and additional bundled graphics software (Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, Corel Painter Essentials 4, and Nik Color Efex Pro 3). The Bamboo One (sold only in Europe) is an A6-size tablet with no control buttons, and the same eraser-less pen as the other models.
Bamboo features a battery-free pen (powered by the same EMR technology as the Intuos line), which can be used alongside finger swipes, with +/- 0.02 in (+/- 0.05 mm) accuracy. The "Pen & Touch" model includes an option to switch orientation for left- or right-handed users. I can highly recomend purchasing the Bamboo, as it is simple to use and quite effective for a cheap price. I bought mine here:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX435LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTI1MTAyMzE

Some pictures of it:
DSC00527.jpg
DSC00526.jpg
DSC00525.jpg

Cintiq
We also have the Wacom Cintiq. The Cintiq is a tablet/screen hybrid, a graphics tablet that incorporates an LCD into the digitizing tablet itself, allowing the user to draw directly "on" the display surface. The tablets are available in several sizes; a 21" 1600×1200 resolution tablet, the 21UX, has been available for several years at various price points. As of November 2007, two new 12" and 20" widescreen models were released, the 12WX and the 20WSX, respectively. The tablet has programmable function keys, and is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. It has higher resolution and more levels of pressure sensitivity than Tablet PCs, portable computers which offer similar functionality on built-in screens. This is proably very, very more expensive than the Bamboo, but if money isnt a problem for you, this can be recomended.

02aug-sw7s-cintiq.jpg
Wacom-Cintiq-12WX-3-lg.jpg

I hope this can help you when thinking about buying a tablet.
Thanks for your attention!
Post edited March 21, 2010 at 04:07:19 AM by iCandi
signaturesw.jpg
how much money?
The Bamboo costs about $65.
The Cintiq costs $999.
The Trust costs about $30.
signaturesw.jpg
i have always wanted a tablet but i have more important things to buy first :/
merccopy.png
www.shadow-designer.webs.com , www.shadowchoper.deviantart.com
i have the exact same trust tablet, and have had it for about a year now. Never needed anything better, it's done everything i've needed it to.
Hello.
aiptek ftw :P
and generally skills mean more mean the brand tbh, some just buy the expensive one and think it will do magic tricks :P
but anyways helpful topic tbh
Really? :D i thought you had a Wacom?
I was really, really happy with the Trust tablet, but as i got a mac, it wouldnt work with the Mac OS :(
signaturesw.jpg
nordic man wrote:
and generally skills mean more mean the brand tbh, some just buy the expensive one and think it will do magic tricks :P

Exactly. Thats why the $30 tablet will do exactly the same as the one at twice the price!
signaturesw.jpg
Yeah mac's starting to piss me off now. You have too look on everything
packet too see if it works for mac 70% of the time it don't :( :/
1492ump.png
Information about Trust Slimline Design TB5300 is updated.
By the way, im selling mine. I have a nearly brand new Trust Slimline TB5300 which i dont need anymore as it isnt supported by Mac OSX. So give me a PM or write something here, ill go fairly low on the price. Say 'bout $20?
signaturesw.jpg

Please login to post