Thanks for the heads up Iron. That company did in fact used my work for commercial purposes without my knowledge.

It seems to happen more and more. I also saw this other shop stealing CWW's Challenger Wagon to promote their build.

Anything we can do to prevent these companies from using our work without permission or knowledge will surely help, at the very least deter others from doing the same thing in the future.
jonasig.jpg
Thanks for your feedback on this one all... I'll take this one as an initial "case-study" and see what I can do about it. Based on how it goes with this one (i.e. if it's partial success, success, or complete failure :P), we might start a separate sub-forum, pinned thread or something around this...

Cheers

Iron
autemoartist.png
Does anyone know what issue of Hot 4s its in
GEez.... I've see this many of Jonsibal Chop's used in every occasion, and I see some of them use for they base for chop.. really sucks...

I got an Idea, how if u add a big watermark on the pict so that can't be easily stolen like this case or another..? sorry if my english bad.. :)
J_HUI wrote:
Nordic / Jack I agree, Glacius mentioned this many times, if you change over like 70-80% of the image it becomes yours, but I'm Speaking about a majority percentage of choppers which c/p stuff everywhere.
So of course there are people which create something totally different to their base image and can sell it for cash worry free. But there's alot of people that don't full brush or use images off flickr, Google, seriouswheels etc.

Never mind me babbling, we should get cracking on this. I suggest a New thread/ section for stolen chops ??

imo it's almost impossible to say that a chop is 70-80% 'yours'. For example, how many percent does a filter count for? I think you get the point.. Is there an official rule written somewhere about this? Is it global, or are there different rules in each country for this?

Would like to know that first before we actually do something with cash involved.

And yes, would be nice to start a new thread/section for stolen chops ;) I remember it was usefull on DM for example!
sn- wrote:
J_HUI wrote:
Nordic / Jack I agree, Glacius mentioned this many times, if you change over like 70-80% of the image it becomes yours, but I'm Speaking about a majority percentage of choppers which c/p stuff everywhere.
So of course there are people which create something totally different to their base image and can sell it for cash worry free. But there's alot of people that don't full brush or use images off flickr, Google, seriouswheels etc.

Never mind me babbling, we should get cracking on this. I suggest a New thread/ section for stolen chops ??

imo it's almost impossible to say that a chop is 70-80% 'yours'. For example, how many percent does a filter count for? I think you get the point.. Is there an official rule written somewhere about this? Is it global, or are there different rules in each country for this?

Would like to know that first before we actually do something with cash involved.

And yes, would be nice to start a new thread/section for stolen chops ;) I remember it was usefull on DM for example!

blah
be a pro, brush from scracth or from own photos xD
actually there is something similar to what glac said in finnish law, but there aint about percentage of mods, but as if the created new work is an proper artwork in itself (bit confusing i know, but just saying)

Please login to post