After a Digital SLR, help?

Right, so im taking an art and design course in college, the course involves photography , i like taking photo's etc but i would like to upgrade.

Looking into second hand slr's and i dont have the funding for a brand new one

I stumbled across the Nikon D70 and i wanted to know if anyone has any info they could share, i know nothing about dslr's etc

Picture i took on the weekend : pokd.jpg
I'll be honest, the D70 is a rather old body, and I'm a bit bias so I'm not a fan of Nikon, because their lens zooming rotating thing is the other way them I'm used to.

But at 6MP, 600 Grams, 200-1600Iso, and a small monitor. For now it'll do the job, but in the long run you might need to find something better for quality also because they don't make D70's new, you'll be looking at second hands which im not a fan of either.

See I got my 1000D because Canon lens are a bit cheaper, in the last 10 months the prices of my 1000D are halved because of newer cameras coming out each year.

But the problem is that i dont know your budget. So go bargain hunting on ebay!!!
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
Hi RockyOc, i think i may be able to help :)
Quote:
Looking into second hand slr's and i dont have the funding for a brand new one

i'm not gonna talk about prices - i don't follow ebay, so you might wanna check with someone else about that :P

i hope i can be of assistance :)

the D70 is a nice body - old, but reliable
what you win with it - AF motor in-body, cheap, good build quality
what you lose - high ISO with low noise (it's old technology)

first, think of the lenses you'll need!
then compare the prices of new/2nd hand and decide Canon vs. Nikon (price-oriented decision, in this case)
about the cheap bodies:
Nikon - D70, D50, D80 - don't get D40/60/3000 - they don't have AF motor
Canon - 350D&400D (CHEAP!! ), 20D, 30D

take a look at the specifications, the size/weight, capabilities, and the price, and THEN decide :)
also, if you can - take a few photos with different bodies - see which one fits good in your hand

if i can help i'll be glad to do it :mrteeth:
Sex sucks, true love swallows wild.gif
Check with your College what camera's they use. Mine used camera's and had a million different type of lenses that you could use. Every student always has a Canon 400D or 450D. Went with a sony alpha a350 just cause it was the only one i could afford but i do feel like i when i do upgrade i will go for a Canon. Even tho sony gets to use all the old Minolta lenses!! (cheap on the ebay)
I like you.

Please login to post