They built one for reals.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51297/rockstar-and-west-coast-customs-present-the-2013-gtav-bravado-ba.html

actual_1377698069.jpg
ugly mod for viper
http://lopo30.deviantart.com/
Yeah I'd go buy the Viper over that, no question about that but it's funny to see a car I used to drive in the game built as a real car. Also, I appreciate the irony (or whatever), first having a real car as an inspiration which they then redesigned into something that sort of "looks like it but due to licensing and copyrights, is NOT" and then having the fictional copy-car built as a real car. :D
Epic fan car! It's a Brabham BT46B.

2001_Goodwood_Festival_of_Speed_Brabham_BT46B_Fan_car.jpg
Gordon Murray genius + Bernie Ecclestone money = that

I read the story of this car at the Swedish GranPrix of the 78 (if I'm right). They installed this fan from the practice, but they put on "wood tyres" as the track engineer said. In the race, they put on soft tyres and they won gaining something like4-5 seconds per lap. Obviously, the FIA banned the fan at the end of the race. Anyway this car is awesome!
Rates: 1 stolen 4 very bad 6 acceptable 7 realistic + nice 8 very good 9 awesome 10 awesome + epic
This was also mentioned where I learned about that Brabham. It's the Tyrrel P34. All these crazy creations from early F1!

Tyrrell_P34_2008_Silverstone_Classic.jpg

EDIT: Post #666! :D
Yep this was such a great idea! IMO they thought of it in the wrong way. Two pairs of tyres on the rear, and one ahead. It had to be very heavy due to the double steering system!
Rates: 1 stolen 4 very bad 6 acceptable 7 realistic + nice 8 very good 9 awesome 10 awesome + epic
That solution was for aerodynamic reasons. The article said two smaller wheels don't create as much drag and helps push the car down better. That way there's also more tire surface in contact with the road.

You know how if a car is doing 200km/h it means the tire surface is also spinning that fast. The top side of the tire is going the opposite direction compared to the air rushing past it. So there's a 400km/h speed difference right there. I would think it creates even more turbulence thus increasing drag. Seems like a aerodynamic nightmare to me! :D
Yeh, the knew virtually nothing about aerodynamics back then.
It also crossed my mind that perhaps extra steering wheels would allow for higher cornering speeds and less understeer, as you have twice as many tires trying to steer the car. Quite whether the exact physics would work so well I do not know, but an interesting concept for sure
125q72h.jpg
>>Latest Chop<<
| >>Like my Facebook Page<< | >>Basic Brushing Tutorial<<
Also funny how that car was competitive only for like one season. There was no market for the custom size small tires so obviously there was no r&d done towards them.

Please login to post