I rather hear a super car on the road then a ricer with a 4" exhaust revved to 5000 just to hit the speed limit :P

A car is a car, a form of transport. Gotta love a bit of variety too.
Cant be all USDM/ JDM for life, that's boring.

Now back to pics, SYD represent
6887669528_308dc9faf7_c.jpg
6887666648_a219e91639_c.jpg
7033780855_b5146d4c63_c.jpg
dsc_5867.jpg
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
It's gay when you see an S15, R34, Supra etc etc with P plates on them... You know they are the non-turbo variants... not to mention probably the auto ones too..
1 person liked this.
KTB Design wrote:
Not because it's expensive, I have no problem with the money side of it. It's just the pointlessness of them to me, there's no point in them.

But, I think you are forgetting the saying; "Each to their own"?

And now to the £10m question - what is the point with hilarious camber and lowness?
1. Your tires will wear down in 5 minutes
2. You have so much less grip its downright dangerous
3. You can't get over speedbumps other than diagonally and at minus five mph
4. The ride is incredibly uncomfortable
5. ......
6. Not profit.
DevilsTower wrote:
/quote]
And now to the £10m question - what is the point with hilarious camber and lowness?
1. Your tires will wear down in 5 minutes
2. You have so much less grip its downright dangerous
3. You can't get over speedbumps other than diagonally and at minus five mph
4. The ride is incredibly uncomfortable
5. ......
6. Not profit.

Camber has been proven to give you more stability around corners. I am not on about an excessive amount. Not EVERYONE is the same, as you think. Not in 5 minutes, please- be realistic. They do not have much less grip, so please- do some research. Why do you think drift cars have camber. To help with grip on the front wheels and help with direction change alot easier. Not all of the time, depends on if you are that low you can't, or you have air suspension. So please, think logically. And not all of the time, seriously- do you not know about these things?

And with sports cars?

1. They drink fuel like there's no tomorrow.
2. Most sports cars are low, and struggle to get over speed bumps.
3. The ride isn't always as comfortable as you think compared to an everyday car.
4. Highly inconvenient for everyday use, due to height and fuel usage.
5. You get no profit from sports cars either.

Please, at least have valid points if you are going to raise an argument :D.
I prefer engine oil and overalls to nail polish and fashion any day♥
2 people liked this.
KHQfR.gif
As much as I love modified cars, I still have some respect for the crazy people wasting all their inheritance on Supercars, so that us car designer wannabees get some income some day :P
All those points listed are as valid for modded/stanced cars as they are for supercars.
Prefer me a good old fashioned model A anyday ;)

KTB Design wrote:

3. The ride isn't always as comfortable as you think compared to an everyday car.

1006sr_06_o+1931_ford_model_a_sedan+31_model_a_sedan.jpg
Some men just want to watch the world doing burnouts... :P
bannerda.jpg bannerfb.jpg
1 person liked this.
KTB Design wrote:
Camber has been proven to give you more stability around corners. I am not on about an excessive amount. Not EVERYONE is the same, as you think. Not in 5 minutes, please- be realistic. They do not have much less grip, so please- do some research. Why do you think drift cars have camber. To help with grip on the front wheels and help with direction change alot easier. Not all of the time, depends on if you are that low you can't, or you have air suspension. So please, think logically. And not all of the time, seriously- do you not know about these things?

And with sports cars?

Yes, a certain amount of camber will give you more grip around corners - but you don't need that for everyday driving unless you are a careless dick who utilizes the road as a track - and it's much more than the camber itself that dictates how much grip you'll get - anyway you don't want ridiculous stance like you see around, that will definitely NOT help grip wise and will only wear down the inner edge. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about - I don't know how many sports cars you've driven or done work on in your lifetime, but I've done plently (including picking apart a R32 Skyline and putting it back together, + Silvias, S13s.......) and drove a fair few of them.

Let's take the 2012 Gallardo Superleggera as an example (as I will cover 1500 miles of road in one over the course of a week) - it gets 14 mpg city and 20 mpg highway which isn't bad considering it is a V10 with 570hp - get a Prius and floor it and it'll probably use more. It's roughly 13cm ride height is much higher than the regular stancemobiles you see roaming the streets, and if you get in trouble you could always push the front-lift system raising the front another 4cm.

When it comes to the ride itself, I bet it's way more comfortable than a setup you've made yourself with super stiff suspension. I know for sure that I'd be much more comfortable in the G than both my bro's old Mazda 323 GTR or the R32 on a day to day basis.

Also drift cars won't have air suspension, lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

herp derp kthxbai
DevilsTower wrote:
Also drift cars won't have air suspension, lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I know you think I am a dumb girl, but no - I know drift cars don't have air suspension. My best friend drifts cars at events, and I help him fix them. So, I do know about how a drift car works.

And there is no point in having an excessive amount of stance, as it really does just ruin your car. I do agree with you on that one. Slight lowering, and a little bit of camber is more than enough.

Sports cars, yeah- might do that, but there are perfect cars that do more than that. There are pro's and con's about both styles and types, so at the end of the day, the argument could keep on going. I don't want that, and I am sure you don'.

And putting kthxbai just means that you're ignorant and cannot be bothered to end a sentence properly.
I prefer engine oil and overalls to nail polish and fashion any day♥
1 person liked this.
scary_popcorn.gif
fuck-everything.jpg

Treasures-of-the-heart2.jpg

Please login to post