Yeah same here, quite odd.
Ok, I got PS CS5 now, and check this out! Pretty sick, content aware fill:

Original pic: you can see my foot in the left.

Lilo_Origineel.jpg

Now, I just made a quick selection with the lasso tool, and then pressed Shift+F5. Choose the option 'content aware' and look at this!

Lilo_Content_aware.jpg
Even better: I can remove the complete dog out of the pic:

Weghond.jpg
=O
autwmosig.png
Wow, that looks neat.
Well, it isn't perfect, it looks a bit clonestampy here and there. However, considering how easy it is, it's great.
10 second job mate!

I know it doesn't look perfect, but I think we all will be able to make it look better. :D
autwmosig.png
Doesnt work good with complex stuff. Wish it would :(
OWANGE for bg mods that would be..
tried it and i must say videos are a bit ilusions, when you really try it its not that perfect, content aware is cool, but not that great as it shows on the movie, wish it fixes with a click, you will still need to retouch a lot manually to make it perfect.

one thing i loved is the new patch(the thing you can copy bits of the image on other sides of the images with a brush) i like the way it is done showing a preview of what youre copying , gives you a better feel of what youre dointhe new perfecting selection on laso tool is maybe the best part for me, its amazing how they did this,

also i dont like the new zoom in zoom with the grid when you zoom in a lot

overall very nice things where done,bu the whole new modern features makes it look like you are on msn on an iphone, i mean less practical, just my opinion, probably is more pratical if used right, dfntly ill stick to my cs2 lolol
Post edited May 05, 2010 at 06:19:46 AM by hugosilva
hugosilva wrote:
also i dont like the new zoom in zoom with the grid when you zoom in a lot

View > Show > Pixel Grid. Just found it now by coincidence. B)
Well said though, agree with you on all you mentioned. I'll finish my last chop on CS3 and try get used to CS5 from then on..
tbh its the only PS i use now, NONE other PS is in 64 bit, and thats does it for me its shit loads quicker then any PS ,
and by being 64 bit ,it can use full potential of your computer.
with 32bit you can only use 3,54 Gig memory , so im also getting new PC with 16 gig ram, so that means photoshop will run at 16 gig, that will be imense, everyone has right to their own opinion, but i dont think any of you have any idea how good the PS acutally is,you all seem just to see the downside.
'
Ive been using Photoshop since 6.0 and its almost 11 years experience now and i know about most of the features since it came out , and for me this is the best one atm, it has alot of good features we could only dream about on PS 7.0 also
I can agree on one thing I DO like the lay out on CS3 alot better, but the tools are alot more refined in Cs5 and they have really pushed the limits on what it can do,
I also tried that content aware for me its not perfect either, but did you REALLY think it would be ? :mrteeth:

I can only say if you got a 64 bit machine, then CS5 is for you.

got the preorder done just waiting for it now.

glac
Post edited May 05, 2010 at 10:54:35 AM by Glacius
Same here Glac, got a new pc and plan to make full use out of it's 64bit 8 theoretical cores and tripple channel memory. CS5 is on its way.

Though I'm also gaming quite a bit :p.
Artist formerly known as "Dev"

Please login to post