Yeah we definitely need a decent size crew to create such magazine. like 5 or 7 people at-lease.

-introduction
-magazine index
-The gaming and new car section could share a page.
-A page on new modified cars (real brands)
-On another page: future concepts and renderings.
-then the rest chops and tutorials.

We should turn this into a proper E- magazine: real cars, games, chops, and tutorials. (Minus the advertisements, unless we can get sponsors =O )
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
ATC-Design wrote:
is the idea that articles are written by several people?
then the editors just put it all together and make it look nice?
if so its a brill idea...and i wouldn't mind working on an article ...but the whole thing for 1 or 2 people? a bit much isn't it? :)

Yep that's the aim ATC. We want to make it more user-centric, and more user-contributed this time around. I think we'll get more interesting and diverse content that way, and plus it'll give more choppers a chance to work on something great like the ezines. So guest editors, guest tutorial writers etc, more of that kind of stuff will be happening in these mags. My thoughts are we'll open up a separate section of the website, or possible and a new sub-forum, where you guys can submit, add, and discuss content for upcoming editions.

Theres some solid ideas coming in here, I'll take everything in and think about it over the weekend and hopefully I'll have a draft proposal of ideas to discuss with the admins early next week.
It's a cool idea, i just think a blog would be more helpfull and a lot more easier to keep up with autemo instead of doing monthly ezines. Plus i remember reading one chopping ezine (can't remember which tho sorry!) and it was just horrible and i couldn't read it. It was all photoshop backgrounds and effects and just hurt my eyes to read. Its alright for a poster read but as an actually good read i want it to be properly professional looking with nice grids and white space and easy type to read.

This is possible my favourite ezine:

http://www.inqmnd.ca/site/#TinkerHatfield

(i'm not saying in needs to be this fancy!)

Just look how nice it is. Just nice and simple and clear images. I have done a few layouts recently and i've had good crit off my tutors. So i could help out if in need in art direction/editing.
Post edited March 27, 2010 at 02:41:25 AM by Duffers
I like you.
I think that the E-zine really was a great touch to the former PSU. Im very intrested in taking part in the creation of the e-zine. But im willing to offer my help either way you want it. I think the one thing that could set the e-zine off, would be maybe following a choppers path to making a chop. Forexample, have Jack giving us WIPS of his next chop, and ask him kindly to write explanaitions on whats done and maybe how. This would get more people into doing this. And each month, that very chopper could be different.

The possibilties are endless. As i see it, what we can do with the e-zine is only restricted to our imagination. The e-zine is a tribute to the world of chopping, its not only something some few members do for fun to fill up their time with, no - its should be done with passion, by passionate choppers, for passionate choppers.

It can include up-to date happenings in the world of chopping. Forexample, someone getting their chop built in reallife. And also, why would we just restrict the accessibilty only to the choppers? Why not use it as a tool to attract clients?

As i said, the possibilities are endless. And im willing to participate in making of the greatest e-zine ever made! From May 2010, i will finish school, and im taking a year off. So i really, really have alot of time, and whats better than working with, and spending time on something your passionate about? Pick me, and you will see that chopping isnt just an art, its passion for design - its all about that eye-candy!
signaturesw.jpg
I wonder when we will see the first issue of magazine?
84082899.gif
http://mavradesign.deviantart.com/
Same, would be interested to pop in one or two of my chops xD
not just yet guys, got other stuff to take care of first :)
Hello.
You picked the team?
Id be happy to help out.
already got a team picked buddy but i'll personally keep you in mind
Hello.

Please login to post