Klaus, yes, GT5 is due for March 2010.... :(

Games to buy:

- PS3 Slim
- GRID
- NFS Shift
- GT5
Grid pwns. Man i loved that game. I used to spend hours and hours just drifting the same downhill track in the Top secret S15. Wish I still had my PS :(

And GT-R, did you list PS3 Slim as a game :P
I've been at NFS:Shift for a couple of days now.

The modifying aspect has been stripped down a lot. The most annoying thing about it is that you can't even change the color of the manufacturer decals. Most of them are just gray and ruin the whole color theme in a car you're making. Either black or white in the previous games was a lot better. At least the body kits look good though.

I do like the reward badges and the driver skill progression in the game. The higher races open up too easily though. I was on the second tier when I unlocked the ultimate last race in the game. Kind of makes the tiers 3 and 4 useless when you can skip to the last race as early as from the second tier.

About the game physics. It seems they are taking NFS into a more simulation kind of path now but I don't like how they've made the driving feel really twitchy. At least with the pad controller the driving isn't very precise. Takes the fun out of driving some cars and tracks. I can't really figure out why to make the game harder by making the cars handle like crap and then call it a simulation.

Seems like they haven't tested the game thoroughly before letting into the stores. For example, the cars often start to bounce up and down like idiots, even when there's not much speed. Perfect example of this is the Carrera GT race on Spa. Drive it into the first chicane and the car starts making 5 meter leaps continuously. No matter how much you brake! Annoying as hell. AI drivers cars of course don't do that. They drive the racing line like there was nothing wrong.

Some bugs too when the car doesn't even leave the line even with the first gear clearly in. One Corvette race is impossible to win (or to get off the starting line at all) because of that.

I bet they won't even make a patch for the game to fix the physics a little...
Post edited October 01, 2009 at 10:00:31 PM by ollite20
:(
my bro has shift, gotta try to xbox version later, and compare it to rfactor :P
nordic man wrote:
:(
my bro has shift, gotta try to xbox version later, and compare it to rfactor :P

lol. You are going to be disappointed.

As much as you all want to believe it, NFS:Shift is still not a simulator. This kind of thing just makes people who havent played any simulators think that all simulations are shit (subsequently, they'll think that about NFS too.). Which is a shame for the huge sim-community out there.

If you want to play simulators, you have limited choices -

- live for speed (www.lfs.net) - works on most of the systems, isn't after the OMGLOLBBQ graphics. Great great physics, great variety of cars, and tracks, awesome netcode (multiplayer :P) - cost: S2 license £24 (GBP) It is going to get a content patch before the end of the year, with VW Scirocco and Rockinham innit, as S3 license, bumping the price up to £36. Thats If you dont want S2. ( HAS A DEMO)

- iRacing - (www.iracing.com) american-based-focused-oriented racing sim. Has a huge team working behind it (LFS is done by three guys). Loads of real life cars and tracks, with more being added every month or two. Cost? - 1 month - 19$ (USD, special offer now) Downside - awful netcode, and additional cars and tracks cost 10-15$. Each. Real money consumah. (NO DEMO)

- NetKar Pro - (www.netkar-pro.com) Really sophisticated simulator, mainly focusing on single seaters (formulas, duh), but with the recent beta it got the Fiat 500 Abarth and a new track. Worth the money if you are a serious sim fan. COST - currently 50% off while in beta, so the one time license purchase is 24.90 € (EUR) - HAS DEMO

- Race07, GTR Evo - not going indepth, cause SimBin is kind of half-arsing their sims. Has enjoyable content, available on steam. Not arcadey, but the physics are not spot on.

- rFactor - Its a great game if you can track down those couple of great mods. www.rfactor.net, www.rfactorcentral.com for mods

For all the sims i mentioned, a PC racing wheel (preferably Logitech MOMO, DFP, DF GT, G25 or Fanatec wheels) is a must for the full experience. Some can be played with a combo of keyboard+mouse. Not suggested for keyboard only.

On a serious note though, GRID is not a simulator. It is an arcade game with awful physics. NFS:Shift atleast tried harder, but EA left the game really unfinished.

Sorry for off-topic. Im passionate about stuff like this >_>
heh, i know
atleast it looks cool, havent tried it yet myself
but i must say rfactor is REALLY GOOD with right mods
there is good f1 mods, like 79,88,91,05,06,07,08 already, and also stuff like porsche cup which i really enjoy :P
nordic - one of the best mods recently - http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=338005
omg
HUGE difference, though the biggest comes from the pad propably, using logitech one for pc, and then the xbox controller, which i dont really like :(
it felt pretty cool, not sure on if it is too real, but the weightshifts etc were huge, like really big :-d
I wasn't really big into my gaming, but for the past two months I would play the PS3 around 4 hours in total each day, bit mad if you as me, lol. I don't have that many games either, I just like to try and play the game out until I think I am a "Master" lol - off course, in offline experiences. I have waited over two months for the release of Fifa 10 - I loved Fifa 09, but I downloaded the demo off the new one was was very impressed. Not really a game you can get bored off if you have a passion for football in life. I am getting Fifa 10 in around two hours time, woop woop :D

Also, downloaded NFS, I was impressed at start; but after a while I got a bit bored. Not like the old Need For Speeds where you can do some unrealistic styling. I am quite addicted to Juiced - love the racing details and drifting in it. Ok its a bit unrealistic, but its fun. Only thing I don't like about it is where if you win so far ahead off the game, then their is no trophies awarded.

I also with GT5 would come out, the reviews from the creaters and the screen shots are mouth watering. I reckon when it comes out, they will be sold out very quickly, and so will the PS3 consoles lol. Few other games like mentioned I also want;

* COD Modern Warefare 2
* Assasins Creed 2
* Ninja Gaiden 2 (Believe it or not was pretty good from the Demo!)

See what other games come out, I want a few new ones as the ones I have, they've been outplayed.
autemochristmas.png
I love Assassins Creed, and I think the second will be hyper awesome!
You should get [Prototype] Drizzle, it's like a modern warfare Assassins Creed ;)

Please login to post