You know, you kinda seem to be in the same situation I was in when I was your age just a couple years back. I was your age and evaluating where I wanted to take my career and devote my study and time and all that. I was judging up between a design oriented career or an IT one.. I took the IT route cos I was doing well with it at uni at the time and thought I'd do well if I stuck at it. But at the same time I was in love with car design and chopping of course too.. after juggling them both up and thinking about them for nearly forever I believed that a path down IT had more job opportunities and better salaries in the long run. It mightn't of let me use my creative and design abilities as much but then again that's what I do chopping for and autemo as a hobby is a release for that too. And on top of this I think I've found a nice compromise by gearing towards the Web development industry, it requires technical knowledge as well as you to express your creative side too.

I know for one that networking sucks, I stay clear of it! But thats just me. It sounds like you feel the same way towards it too. Perhaps you'd like to try something in multimedia? That's a nice blend of design and creativity, and requires some specialized technical know-how too. There's always many options available. So don't think you ever gotta go down one path or another. Many paths cross, or at least come close to one another.

Bottom line is you just gotta do what you think is right, by this I mean go for what you love and what you think you'll enjoy doing most, cos in turn you'll do well at it. And as long as you go for those things, everything will turn out just fine!
Post edited April 28, 2010 at 12:12:24 PM by MK211
Dude that's awesome! Congrats dude! Great achievement!
92% of the teenage population has moved on to rap. if you are part of the 8% that stayed with rock, put this in your profile
Mark Thanks for the massive break down of the situation. Appreaciate you writing the whole paragraph instead of just 'lol' xD

In-fact I intend to take a Cert4 in Tafe, or if I find a job I'll go for a bachelor in multimedia after i finish my course this year, As this is my passion and with passion i hope i can get far and make a name for Myself :)

I just hope there is a job for me at the end of all this :(
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
congrats mate, i have also had my chops in mags :P ( propably about 15 or something lol )
but, last week i saw the locost racing car i designed livery for in real life, must say it felt quite good :)

Please login to post