jackdarton wrote:
i love a good flame war.

Just stating facts here in a healthy fashion, no having a go. Afterall they're just games. Forza 3's poly counts for well... everything, both in game and photomode exceed GT5's. They're numbers, you can't argue with them. Both have incredibly good physics, can't argue with that either. However, you can't deny that Turn 10 spent 1 year on a sequel and manage to churn out over 400 cars in that space of time, all with higher poly counts than the 200 Polyphony Digital took 5 years to produce. Turn 10 also didn't boast their car numbers, then turned out that 75% of those cars were from not only a previous game, but a previous gen console.

GT5 looks cool though, the lighting is nice and the reflections look cool, but the customization is ridiculously limited. out of the 1000 cars in GT5, a hell of a lot of them are duplicates with different paintjobs/tuning setups. If different paintjobs and tuning setups count as new cars, then hell... Forza has literally billions of cars because there are no limits to what you can do to your car.

GT5 like's to also boast nighttime racing, more than likely because all those uber low poly models are harder to see in the dark :P

Jack you dont really think they spent 5 years on making extra cars lol, no its nothing to do with the cars, they only spent a couple of years on the cars, they spent time on making sure that every physics where right on each single car, turn 10 did not evn come close to their physics, its nothing like it , Polyphony spent time on making the cars feel like how they are in real life, yes the cars do lack detail but they make up in tech , I wont deny that the Forza 3 looks better in photomode sometimes it does sometimes it dont, its all about how you set it up ,and take pictures u can make it look really good or really shit .

Its gonna go on forever this Forza3 VS Gt5 its never gonna go over, GT5 has failed on the purpose they spent so many years and still the game looks dated.

I have played forza3 and i can instantly feel the difference in handling and physics, its not even close to gt5.

Gt5 was known for GFX and Physics. But now since everygame looks soo highspec, they feel dated cus of this, we all excepted more from them gfx wise, we cant deny that its normal after 5years of development , but i think they worked more on the menus,physics,tuning and all the litle bits and bobs that make the game.

The reason why you cant modify EVERY CAR is because they are realistic, you cant but any kit on any car what they have done is simply made everything realistic and up to date to how everything is.

Forza goes out of bounds here and adds stuff to certain cars that cant be done in real life, thats games are tuning in gt5 is completly realistic and is how you do, but I am very sad that they only have 200+ cars that can be tuned and painted, but I belive most of the Gt5 fans care more about handling and feel of the game then the Looks.

Kaz also said in an interview that PS3 was not powerfull enough to fully use the potential of their engine, so maybe on PS4 they will set the benchmark that we all thought they would.

But again as I said and you said Jack this is gonna be a fight forever
and its never gonna change haah :D

I still cant wait to get my hands on the game and ive always been a fan of the GT franchise and its gonna be good to test my G25 SW on the game it self

glac
Didn't Kaz say before launch that it only used 80% of the capacity, but after the release when people complained he changed his statement? I've just been reading on different GT5 boards.

And if the physics and realism is supposed to be so real, then why can't they implement realistic sounds for once? And is there a good clutch option if you drive with the controller? Also I heard that drifting was crap compared with FM3 except the smoke.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/11/24/gran-turismo-5-final-video-impressions

Here is a video that basically sums everything up =)

glac
DevilsTower wrote:
Didn't Kaz say before launch that it only used 80% of the capacity, but after the release when people complained he changed his statement? I've just been reading on different GT5 boards.

And if the physics and realism is supposed to be so real, then why can't they implement realistic sounds for once? And is there a good clutch option if you drive with the controller? Also I heard that drifting was crap compared with FM3 except the smoke.

Not exactly he said that the console Could only use 80% of its capacity , cus of the gfx card in Ps3 its awlways been like that .
and then he said that the PS3 was not powerfull enough for the game HE wanted to make.
thats what he said in the interview

glac
DevilsTower wrote:

who says the drifting in forza is real?
and also the good way to base an opinion is to make an "view" of something you heard and not felt yourself :P
Got it but I've only played about an hour and that was just me golding the license tests :P

I have my last exam tomorrow, but after that I'm not leaving the PS3 for months xD
puszka321 wrote:
please video xD
MK211 wrote:
I really like the nos coming out of the rims
i dont understand why they've paid more attention to the 200 premium cars, why not do the some for all, it kinda sucks
although karting does look quite fun
Glacius wrote:
Its gonna go on forever this Forza3 VS Gt5 its never gonna go over, GT5 has failed on the purpose they spent so many years and still the game looks dated.

Forza goes out of bounds here and adds stuff to certain cars that cant be done in real life, thats games are tuning in gt5 is completly realistic and is how you do

1. forza 4 is out in the next 2 years :P
2. forza is realistic for kits, they are aftermarket kits, some cars can only have 2 fb's and some cars can have 5 fb's
overall in comparision i think both games will have there ups and downs as would nearly every game

but 1 thing i love about forza is the drifting on the wide tracks like fujimi and gt5 dont get benchmark xD
Post edited November 25, 2010 at 10:41:31 PM by Zero
nordic man wrote:
who says the drifting in forza is real?
and also the good way to base an opinion is to make an "view" of something you heard and not felt yourself :P

As I've said before;
k0sdxf.jpg

:P

Please login to post