What ya think?

Hey guys! I've been away from here for a long time now but Im back again.
Currently working on a project Im not revealing before its done, but now other things have also caught my attention. Have been working with videography a bit before, but now Its getting serious. Also, I've taken up photography up as a hobby aswell.

Well, this magician, or illusionist contacted me, wanting me to take promotive pictures of him aswell as a promo-video. Something Im looking forward to work with.

In the occasion of my new hobbies, I've deleted my old website, and started working on a new one. Would apprechiate some input on what you like, and what i can do to improve it! Thank you so much for your attention!

The website adress is: www.takinkroop.com

Yours sincerely,
Takin.
signaturesw.jpg
looks sweet takin :D
really like the layout and design of the banner and things :-d
Zero wrote:
looks sweet takin :D
really like the layout and design of the banner and things :-d

Thanks alot Zero! :D

Was wondering if anyone would bother to comment!
signaturesw.jpg
Just a quick look, a think your main menu, where it is normal then goes blur when mouse on top should be the other way round if you want that effect. The home about and contact are not the space in between. The About is not centred in between the horizontal lines. I wish the lightbox was bigger. Other than that yea its cool.
I like you.
All in all a great site for a designer.

However some little things:
- at Portfolio: i wouldn't make the edges roundish. Everything else on the site has square corners.
- the galleries: I would remove the mirror-effect of the pictures. Everything on the site is just flat. And I think that this way it looks good.
- don't take it the wrong way. But the first thing I see when I enter the site is a sad looking kid (in grayscale) on a black background. As nice as the picture might be, it reminds me of child abuse. Either use another image, or use some color in the photo.

In general:
Your site reminds me a bit of the Microsoft-Zune-UI. The same they use on WindowsPhone7.
I would try to get some impression from it, when adding/changing stuff on your page for a consistend design.
walla wrote:
All in all a great site for a designer.

However some little things:
- at Portfolio: i wouldn't make the edges roundish. Everything else on the site has square corners.
- the galleries: I would remove the mirror-effect of the pictures. Everything on the site is just flat. And I think that this way it looks good.
- don't take it the wrong way. But the first thing I see when I enter the site is a sad looking kid (in grayscale) on a black background. As nice as the picture might be, it reminds me of child abuse. Either use another image, or use some color in the photo.

In general:
Your site reminds me a bit of the Microsoft-Zune-UI. The same they use on WindowsPhone7.
I would try to get some impression from it, when adding/changing stuff on your page for a consistend design.

Awesome, thanks for the input Walla! :D

haha, changed that kid now!
signaturesw.jpg
Good work man, got some fancy flash effects in there. I think you need to put in a logo in there. Or at least fancy up the 'Takin Kroop Creations' text. On the about page I'd like to see you increase the line-height of the text. It'll make it more readable if you space out the lines a tad. Keep it up mate.
MK211 wrote:
Good work man, got some fancy flash effects in there. I think you need to put in a logo in there. Or at least fancy up the 'Takin Kroop Creations' text. On the about page I'd like to see you increase the line-height of the text. It'll make it more readable if you space out the lines a tad. Keep it up mate.

Thansk alot Mark!
*Noted*
signaturesw.jpg
Got a major update out now guys!
All advice is taken and hopefully improved!

Haha, and for Walla - i kept that child-abuse picture in the gallery! :P
signaturesw.jpg
sites 10000% better mate keep it like this Clean and Crisp well done =)

glac

Please login to post