speakers box ( hand made )

hello everyone,
recently, i decided i wanted some speakers to play xbox, but i didnt want to spend so much money, so i had to options, buy a cheap set of plastic bad speakers, or build ones with wood i had here in my yard, so i had an old set of speakers from my crashed peugeot 205, and another set of small tweeters, and ive had an old pre amplified subwoofer, so i started building my speakers, still not done, allready, cutted the wood, glued them all together, had some bolts in it, to gain strenght, still need to connect all the wires and things, and install the speakers in it, ill finish them today, theyre so heavy now, just how i like speakers to be.

here are some images, more to come.
26054882.jpg
14122010034.jpg

waxed hehe, still needs shining
14122010036.jpg
Pretty awesome tbh :D

I've always been curious about the process of building your own speakers, is it easy?
Hello.
jackdarton wrote:

I've always been curious about the process of building your own speakers, is it easy?

pretty much ;)
but getting them look really good needs either loads of time or skills :D
jackdarton wrote:

its not hard made, you just need to pick a good wood, for good acoustic, have a nice project, to know what to cut, then you need to be patient, and do things carefully, to get a nice result, im doing this for 3 days and all process is beeing well thinked, im achieving a good result, theyre heavy and have good acoustic, cause im using a good wood, i dont know the name, but they told me its better then mohogeny (not shure if thats the name), its a pretty good wood for audio, often used in guitars
Post edited December 15, 2010 at 03:17:16 AM by hugosilva
jackdarton wrote:

Tbh making a subbox isn't too hard, it's about:
-knowing how much room the speaker needs (should say on the back of the box)
-Make sure there is no air leaks in the box or else you lose quality
-and then the design, measurement

But thats for subwoofers, not speakers, so it might be different xD
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
i fifnished my speakers box yesterday, so so amazing sound, never tought it would be so good, when making this speaker boxes, you need to have in mind, that the box cant be almost the syze of the speakers, you need to make them a bit bigger, the empty room inside them will make the acoustic, the breeder cant be aligned with the speaker, it needs to be lower, as J_HUI said, cant have air leaks, or you loose quality, also all the wires need to be connected - with - and + with +, and you need to weld them with an hot iron, otherwise you loose a lot of quality to, heres the final result in the mini studio im building in my room. next buy will be a midi controller synthesyzer, a mix table and a good amplifier, later ill try to buy an akai mpc.

im planning on painting the light wood part in black
14122010040.jpg
looks good , i would paint the whole box black , make a frame of thin wood with cllips and cover that with acoustic cloth or just cloth .. would be a perfect finish :P
mijnlogo.jpg
yeah mate that would be perfect, i kinda like the dark wood look, but the lighter wood, i would paint black, also i like them uncovered, looks good hehe, you would make them kick ass on details i know that hehe
hugosilva wrote:
yeah mate that would be perfect, i kinda like the dark wood look, but the lighter wood, i would paint black, also i like them uncovered, looks good hehe, you would make them kick ass on details i know that hehe

aah a matter of taste and how much time you want to invest

fun part is a long time ago i was a real car-audio fanatic , not slammed in but build to fit , i made a whole lot of boxes and comnplete custom made systems in my days :mrteeth: :mrteeth:

there was a time when carpet was still cool to use for apolstry ,

small how to >>>

> i used to do black on the subbox , then overlay it and cut it so it was seemlessly apolstered all over

> then took grey carpet and made a logo (rockfordfosgate for instance or kicker) and made it mirrored on the back of the grey carpet.

> then cut it out and placed the grey carpet on the back , secure it with a few thin nails and with a very very sharp stanley knife cut around the grey logo into the black carpet

> then take away the grey and peel out the back carpet , then glue the grey in and you have a seemless flush logo (also considering the pattern in the carpet so that runs through)

> then the same was possible with the rest of t design , i made amp racks with the amps underneith plexi glass , with lighting and cooling fans inside

later on i used to make stuff from mdf wood and bondo it sand fine and paint gloss

nowadays its all fiberglass

this is my m8's car , private build (not a demo ride)
i will spare you the cost of just the build of the trunk and dash (ice not included) because its profesionally build by a nother friend of mine who owns a car-audio store
i can tell you it was a friends price but still you could easely buy a very very cool car of just the build of the trunk and dash (not included the amps-speakers-subs)

you cant see it but behind the seats there is a solo x 18" woofer also

nos bottle / shot is real and working as well

tb6.jpg

tb9.jpg

yes that a center piece of a blown up solo x woofer , the idea of putting that in the dash like that was mine xD xD

tb10.jpg

love it or hate it but this is a custom paint job with airbrush , oldskool hand pinstriping and lots of effect paints
price of the paint job alone would buy you a new small car :omg:

workt.jpg

topped with 6 layers of clear

buiten1.jpg

yes wheels are painted to match , the base color will go insane when the sun shines , now it seems brown-ish
wheel size btw is not extreme because he drives loads of miles to shows and meets

buiten4.jpg

buiten5.jpg

headlights are from a japanese version and imported by himself (original so no aftermarked ones)

buiten6.jpg

sun and the paint >>

sunny.jpg

sunny1.jpg

sunny4.jpg

he is alkways thinking of something new

this shot explains , when you look up the roof inside looks like shit geay and with a seat belt mount , this will be black shiney poly

you can also see the new sub edge color with hand pinstriping

IMG_6158.jpg

but also he wants to sell it and only go for speed buy a skyline and tune it

only problem is the car is worth (buildcost and car value) around 80k :omg:

well thought you liked to see this

grts rich
mijnlogo.jpg

Please login to post