Anyone know about car stereos?

So I just bought a new car and I have some money left and I thought I'd buy some sound.

My budget is 5000 NOK. That's about £500, €625 or $830.

I'm looking for something decent. Not the best of everything. I'm not a technojunkie so I don't need the biggest subwoofer you can find but not the smallest either.

I also need new speakers in the doors and an Amplifier.

Any help is appreciated, cheers. :D
y0pQ9Zb.jpg
get Bose Or Pioneer =)

I the other hand had Sony Explode Stereo cost about 1700 £ :P but i got it free with the Almera I had , but i lost it all in a breakin in my car got insurance back of 1500£ so was ok
glac
imo you just don't need amplifiers. or maybe you just need one of them for the subwoofer.
an entry level car stereo + 2 sets of two ways speakers + a pre-amplified subwoofer with its own box would do the work.
hope it helped. :D

oh, and post up some pics of the car when you can. :D
http://italiankartoffel.wordpress.com/
Davide_B wrote:
imo you just don't need amplifiers. or maybe you just need one of them for the subwoofer.
an entry level car stereo + 2 sets of two ways speakers + a pre-amplified subwoofer with its own box would do the work.
hope it helped. :D

oh, and post up some pics of the car when you can. :D

Will do later. Its a '95 Nissan Primera.
y0pQ9Zb.jpg
Man, for a plant is not powerful nor powers, nor too much stuff.
Enough even your money to have a monster car! I think the pieces you will be able to recover it with this price. But I advise you to spend it properly. ie buy pieces for treble (tweeter) and low average (subwoofer). you start to call a subwoofer box with a diameter greater than 25 cm xD! and then amp not too powerful and not too weak. what is missing is labor. the important thing is to make a plant! otherwise the sound will be distorted and ugly. I hope to receive more information and can help you :-d
I agree with Davide. You don't need an amp if you're running a basic setup. The head unit should give your elements well enough juice. Rather put the money you were going to put into the amp on a better head unit instead.

What kind of speakers does your car have now?
a) Does it already have mounts for the treble speakers in the a-pillars?
If it has, you're better off in buying a set that has the main element and the treble speaker as separate elements and mounting the smaller treble into the a-pillar. Higher sounds sounds should come from ear level. Low sounds don't really matter where they are coming from. That's why people have subwoofers hiding in their trunk.

b) Does it have speakers in the doors or on the dashboard?
If so you might consider in buying elements which have the main element and the treble element integrated into the same element. These are called coaxial speakers and should be mounted on the ear level since the treble speaker is integrated. I have these on my car because having separate elements would have meant more work for me in making the treble mounts onto my a-pillars. If you got the money or the time and skill you could of course make the mounts yourself if you don't have them. I would recommend getting them as separate elements (which are usually sold in the same package though).
Post edited October 17, 2010 at 12:18:47 AM by ollite20
okay. I'll have to take a look into most of this. I know its got speakers in the front doors but I haven't checked elsewhere. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have speakers in the dash but I'll check. Also it doesn't have a CD player right now so I'm not able to check the quality of the speakers.
y0pQ9Zb.jpg
X-Raited Creations wrote:
Also it doesn't have a CD player right now so I'm not able to check the quality of the speakers.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but shouldn't you invest in a stereo before you get some speakers?
Hello.
My mate knows a thing or two about stereos. we ran a backyard job(D.I.Y) everything and went to a audio comp. and won second place. :D

Now your might WANT (not need) a new head-unit because the stock one might not have enough electricity to run the new speakers to full capacity. Kenwood's are good, cheap and has 60watts x4 (so run 4 channel, i think).

I think 4 way amp if you want to amp up 4 speakers, 2 way for 2 speakers (?). JL's, JBl's are quality stuff.
If you can afford splits, you get much better vocal/ clear sound. (but remember speakers aren't meant to provide bass.

New wiring running from battery.

Subs, Pioneer, JBL 10" 12" or 15" goes hard =O, But you gotta check how much power you need to run, too low or high power and it'll fry, also for sub enclosure you can build your own out of 20mm Medium density fiber wood and glue, will save you heaps. (AND RMS means everything, dont worry about the watt said on the box)

IF you want competition spec like we got, then a monoblock just to power the subs and wreck the neighborhood.

Aaaaand im told to steer away from Sony, alpine, and even boss stuff. There all like made in china and are overrated, so you get less then what is said on the box.

But to be absolutely safe, have a deep long good read here, it's quality stuff and really detailed:
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?t=28509

4am, I'm sleepy, any question, ask me on msn next time Dannysan. :-d
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
jackdarton wrote:
X-Raited Creations wrote:
Also it doesn't have a CD player right now so I'm not able to check the quality of the speakers.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but shouldn't you invest in a stereo before you get some speakers?

Aaahh you so funny so funny.

was at my cousins a couple hours ago and used his cdplayer. I've got two speakers, one in each door and the one in the left door is pretty shit. probably just the wires but the quality of the working one wasn't any good anyway. He said i should drop the amp and sub and go with a Seas Lotus Performance set and a Pioneer DEH-4200SD cd player.
g_04871845.jpg
y0pQ9Zb.jpg

Please login to post