Auto Batching (Automate) In Photoshop

I need to auto batch (automate) over 3000 images on several occassions. I need to record myself doing so, then just hit start for the preset to do it all on its own while I be elsewhere other than the computer. I used this link before, but it wasn't very helpful:

http://www.coremediadesign.co.uk/learn_web_design/free_web_design_tutorials/tutorial/photoshop_batch_automate_function.html

Is there any other links that are slightly more helpful?

I got to the stage where I was able to get it to record, but I couldn't get it to take the original image out of the Base folder then do "what it needed to do on the image" and put it in the Finalized folder.

Any help?
autemochristmas.png
Mmmm... 3000 images is a lot!
Maybe you should try this:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/digitalphotography/l/blps_batch.htm
In this tutorial they also explain how to set the batch.
Don't know if it helps, but you can try.
autwmosig.png
Google "XnView". It's a free program that may be helpful for you.
You know you wanna click it!
Signaturbig.jpg
what the hell is batching?
Hello.
jackdarton wrote:

+1 on that :P Eventhough i tried to help you on msn Andy!
signaturesw.jpg
jackdarton wrote:

if you have like loads of photo's you can edit them/make an action all together then one at a time,
like if you had 300 photo's from a car show and you wanted to put your name on them all you batch them
great tool for photographers really
Post edited July 25, 2010 at 10:37:47 PM by Zero
I would never use batching for anything else than a signature. If framing is to be done you'd surely have to split the pictures into two undercategories, vertical and horizontal? I would never ever do any post processing in batch as every picture demands it's own processing to get it right.

But no, sorry, I can't help you <_<
Not selected the root folder and final folder in batch setup? Did you record open and save?
I like you.
try using Adobe Bridge.

first record the action, then select the photo's in bridge.
go to: tools -> photoshop -> batch or image processor -> make sure you select the right action -> run
Hahaha had this problem last night trying to Resize 70pics at one time.

But i wouldnt re-command batch processing, like others have pointed out each pic needs it's own editing, but I would and need to use batch for resizing and for adding sigs. Not sure if that can be done on Adobe LightRoom.

SO.... im still having the problem of not knowing how to batch process, There's a action tool (on a tab default-ly next to the history tab) on Photo shop, but i havn't been successful at using it.
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr

Please login to post