YEAH, I did It !!

Let me set the scene:

Back when I first came to Aust I was about 8, my brother would buy some monthly modify car magazine from the local newstand and one of them was called Autosalon.
As soon as I learn't to read I knew and felt like it was one of the best modify car Mag in Australia. Although I read Hot4's, Redline, FC and maxpower which were main inspiration for me to chop. I knew and wanted to get my chop featured on the pages of Autosalon.

But unfortunately after about 10 years, the magazine was planned to get axed in issue #85 as they couldn't rebound from the GFC. So I was devastated and was afraid that I'll never get my chop on one of the best modify car magazine I have EVER read not just in Australia, BUT arguably best in the world ( counting English one's only of course). :(

Untill... @ 5PM today when I picked up issue #85 from the news stand.
There it was between pages 42- 43.... not just one o.O ..... but both my corollas :omg:>> the chops << printed on the pages of the last issue of my favorite magazine from the Toyota corolla competition a while back.

Although my chops are not in elite nor are they perfect and I think I didn't win (lol) . Still to me this is a massive Inspiration to pursuit my design career and perfect my chops rather then my stupid networking course at college.

So to me that is a really long term goal finished / achieved and done. Right now some where in my mind there is a box that I can tick off.

(but unfortunately they screwed up my name in the print :doh: xD, so either I rushed the entry form or some one misread it, but in contrast I died a bit inside :( )
4560020939_1defc0b12e_b.jpg4560092421_bde312408d_b.jpg

Yes I might not of won anything nor does this seem extremely important to anyone else, But I'd just though I'll share this story with you guys as I'm more inspired then ever and I'm extremely estatic even after 4 hours.
So If the Autemo E-Mag plan ever get started, I will put in late nights and my absolutely best, 150% effort to creating the best magazine, 'no money needed, to buy !! '

Thanks for reading. Cheers
Joseph :')
Post edited April 29, 2010 at 01:17:03 AM by J_HUI
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
Congrats!
As far as I see, yours are by far the best chops on these two sites, especially the red one.
You know you wanna click it!
Signaturbig.jpg
great story mate happy for you, its a step inside the door mate just wait good things to come ;) keep working at it, ur great and you can get greater good stuff :-d

glac
Congrats mate, im happy for you :P it must be one hell of a feeling to finally see your chops in there after all this time, and how you didnt win I have no idea, your chops are easily the best on those two pages!
A shame that the mag is closing down now though, i dont know of many mags that show chops in them these days (last thing i remember seeing them in was performance vw and that was a while back)
Unless theres lots of magazines in countries other than england that still have chop sections, i dont know....
anyway im rambling on, so well done again mate, really impressive :D
autemobanner.gif
Thanks guys I really appreciate it, words can't describe o.O . Even now I'm just soo happy that my chop got printed on the page of the last issue, it really make it that much more special. In-fact I'm gonna buy a second copy and get the pages laminated xD

@ Glac in order to get better, I will require help from the greater him-self ;) so if you don't mind I'll ask for help more often from you. and hope to learn a few trick and tips :)
ffkZ5K.jpg
congrats m8

your chop is the best one there
merccopy.png
www.shadow-designer.webs.com , www.shadowchoper.deviantart.com
J_HUI wrote:
Thanks guys I really appreciate it, words can't describe o.O . Even now I'm just soo happy that my chop got printed on the page of the last issue, it really make it that much more special. In-fact I'm gonna buy a second copy and get the pages laminated xD

@ Glac in order to get better, I will require help from the greater him-self ;) so if you don't mind I'll ask for help more often from you. and hope to learn a few trick and tips :)

Np mate anytime =)

glac
I read the title, and I thought you just had sex.

hahah jk but seriously this is pretty cool, congrats on getting into the mag!!! It's sad to find out that autosalon is no more :( it was a great magazine for sure. On other news Hot4's is doing that thing on us in the june 16th, issue #195. We sent your chop you submitted away to the editors so fingers crossed they feature that one for you! Then that'll be two mags down ;)
MK i really hope so too. but in the hot4's features, I'm up against some really advance choppers i just hope my chop was Aust style enough

But All I know from this experience is that I'm gonna make a switch and head toward the design career for Tafe or private college next year. There might be less job opportunity and less pay then I.T but I know this is something I really love and want to do.

Finger's crossed to: getting featured onto Hot4's, I have a chance of winning the toyota comp as i cant see then winner list on the Asm site, and also im crossing them hoping my mate will take me to eastern-creek for the Super-Laps next month :)
ffkZ5K.jpg
Congrats mate, you sent them an email telling them?
If they have the article repeated on a website or anything they may change it :/

Please login to post