Design Tablets

Hello people.
Basically i'm considering getting a graphics tablet, to help me with college work (graphic design), and of course chopping.
Been speaking to Jack and he says that some of the best choppers prefer to use a mouse. Yet ive heard from some a tablet can really improve the quality of your chops.
So basically a few things i want to ask your opinion on;
- Would a tablet definitely improve my quality of chopping? (i'm okay at drawing btw)
- What tablet do you own, and do you prefer it to a mouse?
- What tablet is the best value for money?

Discuss :)
I'll be looking for replies on this as im looking for a cheapish tablet too
if money were no object it would be a wacom cintiq all the way, really simple to use seeing as you literally draw on the screen.
shame theyre like £900+
one day though.....
autemobanner.gif
I've got tablet but I prefer mouse, and all chops are doing by mouse :-)
Supra in progress: http://www.autemo.com/forums/?t=11048
I cant say if it will or will not make your chops better. But I cant not use mine in a chop anymore because I find it helps with brushing much more natural lines. If your a copier and paster dont bother, tablet wont help. But personally it helps for brushing heaps.

Dunno which to rec0mend, Ive got the Wacom Cintiq, but it isnt exactly cheap.
84931232.png
sigy.png
Basically ive wanted one for a while, and because the batteries ran out on my other mouse ive been using this shitty one, and i was trying to darken the lower edge of something with a burn tool, and it just sprung to me that itd be so much easier if i had a tablet
Also with stuff like light reflections, or even just sketching out a bodykit.
MP91 wrote:
Dunno which to rec0mend, Ive got the Wacom Cintiq, but it isnt exactly cheap.
I was wondering how you got your lines so precise when you were brushing... I couldn't get anywhere near that precision with my tablet.

I've got a wacom intuos 3 and I use it for some things when chopping, but I still use a mouse more.
puszka321 wrote:
please video xD
MK211 wrote:
I really like the nos coming out of the rims
i have a tablet, but i can't see the image into,i can do design, but it's difficult without the image of what you want to modify :-d
vdbmd165ylil4uh0t94.jpg
basically i don't think little things such as small reflections and sketching justifies the price tag of most tablets unless you want to go down the heavy brushing route.
Hello.
It doesn't help you chop unless you know the techniques. I personally have a Walcom bamboo fun and touch 6x9 and my chops are horrible as my technique failz... It only helps your brushing to be more precise and allow sketching easier and do finer details, so if you tend to C/p then there's not much point.

But seeing your heading the design career, then it's a good idea to get one and try to familiarize using one of these badboys, if you want cheap get the one JD is using, if you want top of the range get intuos3.

@Klaus, Mp's bloody rich ofcourse he can afford it :( , but dubboy probably have 2 as he is even richer xD
ffkZ5K.jpg
Come join us on Facebook and Tumblr
imo it cab be very handy and helpfull but...

is a tablet really a tool to improve your skills ?? , NO DEFENATLY NOT :P

its like people above said , very good for extensive brush projects

and imo for small tiny details

lets say zoomed in you draw little chains or knobs or bolts , they can come out very very realistic :-d
mijnlogo.jpg

Please login to post